Data Privacy Statement for www.dcn.ruhr
1. Information on the collection of personal data
In the following we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, e.g. name, address, email addresses, user behavior.
a) The responsible party in the sense of Art. 4 Para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is
Ruhr Regional Association (RVR)
(see our legal notice)
You can reach our data protection officer at
or via our postal address with the addition “the data protection officer”.
b) When you contact us by email, the data you provide (your email address, your name and telephone number if applicable) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data collected in this context after storage is no longer required, or restrict processing if there are legal storage obligations.
c) If we would like to use contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. In this context, we will also state the defined criteria for the storage period.
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of their use
When you visit our website:
When you visit our website www.metropole.ruhr, information is automatically sent to our website’s server by the browser used on your end device. This information is stored temporarily in a so-called log file. Specifically, the following information is recorded without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address;
- date and time of the request;
- time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT);
- content of the request (specific page);
- access status/HTTP status code;
- volume of data transferred in each case;
- website from which the request comes (referrer URL);
- operating system and its interface;
- language and version of the browser software.
We process the above data for the following purposes:
- ensuring smooth connection of the website;
- ensuring comfortable use of our website;
- evaluation of system security and stability;
- other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for this data processing is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the above-mentioned purposes for data collection. Under no circumstances do we use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
3. Passing on of data
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those listed below. We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your express consent in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. a GDPR;
- the disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR is necessary for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection in not disclosing your data;
- in the event that there is a legal obligation to pass on the data in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. c GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and required for the processing of contractual relationships with you in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. b GDPR
Information is stored in the cookie that is related to the specific end device used. This does not mean, however, that we are directly informed of your identity.
In addition, we also use other cookies to optimize user-friendliness; these are stored on your end device for a specified period of time. If you visit our site again to use our services, it automatically recognizes that you have already been to our site and remembers which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that a message always appears before a new cookie is stored. Completely disabling cookies may prevent you from using the features of our website fully, however.
5. Google Analytics
a) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site.
b) The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and stored there. However, in the event that IP anonymization is activated for this website, your IP address will be shortened beforehand by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be transferred to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on the website activities, and to provide further services to the website operator in connection with the use of the website and the Internet.
c) We use Google Analytics to analyze and regularly improve the use of our website. We can use the statistics obtained to improve our offering and make it more interesting for you as a user. For the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google has committed itself to complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield.
The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
d) The IP address transmitted by your browser within the framework of Google Analytics is not merged with other data from Google.
e) This website has deactivated the “demographic features” function of Google Analytics. As a result, no reports can be created that contain statements about the age, gender, or interests of the site visitors.
f) Third-party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
Data Privacy Statement: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Exclude from Google Analytics measurement
6. Social media plug-ins
We currently do not use any social media plug-ins to link content of our pages to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter, and only link to these offers instead.
7. Embedding of YouTube video
a) We have integrated our own YouTube videos into our online offer, which are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. YouTube (Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland) is a subsidiary of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
YouTube is used in the interest of an attractive presentation of our online offers. This constitutes a legitimate interest within the meaning of Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. f GDPR. These videos are all integrated using the “extended data protection mode,” i.e. no data about you as a user is transferred to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in section 2 be transmitted. We have no influence on this data transfer.
b) By visiting the website, YouTube receives the information that you have visited the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under section 2 of this Data Privacy Statement is transmitted. This occurs regardless of whether YouTube provides a user account through which you are logged in or whether no user account exists. If you are logged in at Google, your data will be assigned directly to your account. If you do not wish your data to be associated with your YouTube profile, you must log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such evaluation is carried out in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the purpose of providing needs-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of these user profiles; you must contact YouTube in order to exercise this right.
c) For more information on the purpose and scope of data collection and processing by YouTube, please see their data privacy statement. There you will also find further information on your rights and setting options to protect your privacy: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and has committed itself to complying with the EU-US Privacy Shield (www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework).
If you use external links offered within the framework of our Internet pages, e.g. to the VRR website, this Data Privacy Statement does not extend to those links. If we offer links, we endeavor to ensure that these also comply with our data privacy and security standards. However, we have no influence on compliance with data privacy and security regulations by other providers. Therefore, please inform yourself on the corresponding websites of the other providers about the data privacy statements provided there.
9. Rights of persons concerned
You have the following rights in relation to the personal data concerning you:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information regarding the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, erasure, restriction of processing, or right to object, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, insofar as not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, where applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand the immediate correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or to assert, exercise, or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, but you reject its deletion and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or you have lodged an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided us with in a structured, common, and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 GDPR, to revoke your consent to us at any time. This will have the result that we may no longer continue data processing based on this consent in the future, and
- to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or our registered office for this purpose: (https://www.bfdi.bund.de/DE/Infothek/Anschriften_Links/anschriften_links-node.html).
10. Right of objection
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Para. 1 Sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for doing so that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be recognized by us without indication of a special situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an email to:
11. Data security
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form by the display of the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use suitable technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorized access by third parties.
Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
12. Currentness and amendment of this Data Privacy Statement
This Data Privacy Statement is currently valid and is dated October 2019.
It may become necessary to amend this Data Privacy Statement as a result of the further development of our website and offers above or due to changes in legal or official requirements.
The current Data Privacy Statement can be viewed at any time on this website at: